Common Core Resources for Educators
Smarter Balanced is committed to supporting member states as they implement the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Working with educators, Smarter Balanced will identify high-quality curriculum resources aligned to the CCSS and professional development strategies that will be integrated into a digital library of formative assessment resources that will launch in fall 2014.
Many organizations have developed resources to explain the standards and help teachers support student success in the classroom. Smarter Balanced recently updated the Common Core State Standards Tools and Resources webpage with links to factsheets, videos, and instructional resources that provide detailed information for educators, parents, and policymakers about the new standards.
The website includes links to:
- Common Core Overview Videos by the Council of the Great City Schools
- Instructional resources for teachers from the AFT’s Share My Lesson
- Teaching Channel videos on the Common Core
- Parent Roadmaps in English and Spanish from the Council of the Great City Schools
- Student Achievement Partners’ resources for educators
In the coming months, Smarter Balanced will continue to identify tools and resources for teachers to help all students meet the challenge of college- and career-ready standards.