Dear students: in order to make this essential assessment both worthwhile and meaningful please take a moment to review these helpful tips and thoughts on how to approach an online discussion board:
1. Read all the submissions by your classmates.
2. Recognize that an online forum does not translate exactly to a discussion in a traditional class.
3. Stay away from the “That’s a good point, Joe.” Or “I agree, Sue.”
4. An online forum is meant to be a discussion, so always respond to those classmates that respond to your original posts.
5. Feel free to discuss your opinions on the topic, but always remember to be respectful of different positions that maybe voiced.
Read the entire article by Francesca Catalano on edudemic at http://www.edudemic.com/2013/06/5-online-discussion-tips-for-students/Image Credit: http://www.edudemic.com/2013/06/5-online-discussion-tips-for-students/