The U.S. Department of Education just released the Future Ready District Pledge, a roadmap to help districts achieve success in the transition to personalized digital learning.
The pledge establishes a framework for achieving the goals laid out in President Obama’s ConnectEd Initiative. These goals include:
• Upgrading broadband and high-speed wireless connectivity
• Providing access to educational devices and software
• Training teachers to use technology effectively to improve student learning
District leaders that sign the Future Ready District Pledge will receive implementation guidance, access to online resources, and other support needed to transition to effective digital learning and achieve tangible outcomes for the students they serve.
Before the full launch of the Future Ready District Pledge at White House on October 7th, we are hoping to have at least 1,000 signatories with representation from all 50 states. In order to reach our goal, here are a few ways you can help:
1. Read and sign the pledge!
2. Challenge other superintendents in your network to sign the Future Ready District Pledge by encouraging them to visit: http://tech.ed.gov/FutureReadyPledge
3. Share the Future Ready District Pledge via social media. You can use the messages (below) or write your own.
Thank you for your support and for sharing the Future Ready District Pledge.
#FutureReady sample tweets:
Let’s make our district #FutureReady. Visit tech.ed.gov/FutureReadyPledge to read & sign the @OfficeofEdTech #FutureReady pledge!
Want #FutureReady schools? Read & sign the #FutureReady pledge today tech.ed.gov/FutureReadyPledge @OfficeEdTech
What is a Future Ready School? Find out at tech.ed.gov/FutureReadyPledge and sign on today #FutureReady @OfficeOfEdTech