Speak Up 2014 Surveys are open through December 19!
This year’s Speak Up annual surveys continue to pave new ground in education technology research by polling K-12 students, educators, administrators and parents about the use of mobile devices, online classes, games and digital content within learning. We listened to last year’s participants and have added new topics to our surveys to spark more conversation, such as Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), data privacy, student interest in programming and computing, and online assessments.
This newsletter is specifically dedicated to the launch of Speak Up 2014! Below, you’ll find all the information you need on what’s new for 2014:
▪ Speak Up 2014 is open! Register today, surveys are available October 6th- December 19th, 2014
Speak Up 2014 is now open!
Help us collect valuable data by participating in Speak Up 2014
Join the conversation about the use of technology for learning through Speak Up, a National Research Project. Since 2003, over 3.4 million K-12 education stakeholders have participated in the annual online surveys. Data findings are shared each year with federal, state and local policymakers to inform education programs, policies and funding.
Surveys will be open for input October 6th – December 19th, 2014 at: www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2014.
Instructions for completing the Speak Up survey
- Go to the survey website (above).
- Click on the appropriate survey (Student, Educator, Parent, Community member).
- Follow the given instructions to access the survey. Begin by entering your school zip or clicking on the drop down button and select your state, then go to the next line and type in your school name to find your school.
- Students will choose their grade level and enter in their school specific password*
- Parents and Educators will NOT need the password to access the survey.
To learn more about the project and how to get involved, visit www.tomorrow.org/speakup.
Get a look at this year’s survey questions!
We’ve made our survey questions available to view before Speak Up launches on October 6th. Click here to view the surveys, and be on the lookout for new topics and questions!
New topics include:
- Blended learning
- 1:1 computing
- Data privacy
- Student self-directed learning
- Ideal school mobile app
- College and career readiness skills
- And more!
Speak Up has a new participant badge!
Wear this badge proudly as you display it on your website, your e-mails, your social media sites, blog, and more! Enjoy, and remember to get the rest of your community to Speak Up through December 19th, 2014!
Our Speak Up 2014 promotional materials are now available
Start spreading the word about Speak Up to your community! Check out our helpful flyers, guides, sample emails, and more at http://www.tomorrow.org/speakup/promo.html.