Last week was an historic week for U.S. education! In addition to the signing of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the Office of Educational Technology at the USDOE released the 2016 National Education Technology Plan (NETP) and announced new Future Ready commitments to support personalized professional learning for district leaders and educators working to transform teaching and learning through the effective use of technology.
Here are some valuable new resources for our NH Future Ready Schools and Leaders.
- The 2016 National Education Technology Plan is the flagship educational technology policy document for the United States. The 2016 National Education Technology Plan, Future Ready Learning: Reimagining the Role of Technology in Education, articulates a vision of equity, active use, and collaborative leadership to make everywhere, all-the-time learning possible.
- Professional Learning Resources for Future Ready Leaders is designed to expand the capacity of district superintendents and their district leadership teams to effectively lead the transition to digital learning. Resources include a rubric based on a systematic review of research and personalized video playlists for district leaders that highlight exemplary, peer-based stories and practices drawn from eight Future Ready districts. View the full playlist of videos here.
- The Alliance for Excellent Education has launched a new Future Ready website which will feature a one-stop resource center for ongoing professional learning opportunities including partner events, workshops, online chats, mentoring and topic conversations all aligned to the Future Ready Framework.
- 17 Future Ready Statewide Initiatives launched across the country designed to capture and harness the momentum of the national effort. Each state will create statewide communication strategies to support districts in using free Future Ready tools.
- Future Ready Schools New Hampshire page launched on NHEON.org. Find updates and resources for Future Ready Schools and leaders. Resources will be added and updated on this page to help you develop your own Future Ready School.
Check out the press release for the full list of national Future Ready announcements.